Wednesday, November 07, 2007

In a funk. . . ..

I've been in a funk this week. Not totally sure where it's all coming from, but I'm in a funk nonetheless. I've really been struggling with working and being away from Elijah. Call it separation anxiety, I'm not sure. The other night, I got home from work (late) and got Vince's dinner ready so he could head out to class. I was hanging out with Elijah all night, and then Vince got home from class and he came to get Elijah to give him hugs and such, and I started crying - I didn't want him to take him from me! I mean, my reasoning was that he was home with Elijah all day - he's mine now :-)

Work has been crazy too - I have A LOT of added responsibilities that I wasn't planning on taking on, but have been thrown into. On one hand it's nice to have the director's confidence that I can complete the tasks, but on the other hand, I don't want the added tasks! (Bad attitude I know - I'm just already busy enough!) It creates an additional 16-18 meetings a month that I will have to arrange, attend, and keep the minutes for! Not to mention getting handouts together, updating information/clients and travel to the meetings. Thankfully, the meetings will mostly be held in the building I work in, but some will be on a different campus - fun times for all - especially in the winter!!

Maybe it's delayed Post-Partum Depression - anyone else experience that? I know I have an influx of hormones since I have stopped breastfeeding, so I can chalk some of it up to that! But not everything - it's just crazy! So, I'm in a funk. Pray for me!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I had the hardest time when Aaron was about 6 months...and subsequently found that many women have some degree of PPD STARTING between 6-9 months. I thought that could only happen right after delivery, but apparently not! I was an emotional basket case. I will definitely be praying - sounds like you have a lot on your plate. *hug*

Janelle said...

WOW! Talk about OVERWHELMED!!! I guess I'd never heard of "delayed PPD". I had it about a week after my Aaron was born and it only lasted for about 3 days. It's horrible, but real stuff though. Keep relying on God's strength and grace and I will pray that things will get better soon!

Kelli said...

Abby: I will be thinking about you and praying for you. That sounds like a lot of added responsibility! I am sure you treasure you time with your son each evening and on the weekends. I hope things get easier for you.

Unknown said...

I can see why you're in a funk - you have so much going on girl! I'll pray that God's peace overwhelms you and that He gives you the grace to take it all in stride. It also sounds like you should consider becoming a stay at home mommy in the future. Would that be a possibility down the road? Maybe just planning and thinking it through will help a bit. And of course I'll pray too that God will help you carve out time in your busy-ness to rest in and to enjoy Him through His word. That never ceases to refresh me!

S said...

I think all of your feelings are perfectly normal. I did go through a transition stage when Esther turned 6 months also. With all you're going through at work, it sounds like that makes it tough also. God's Word is the only thing that has refreshed me also in times of discouragement. I pray He'll give you the grace to bear these burdens you're under right now!