I just wanted to thank everyone that has been praying for our family, especially for my father-in-law. The past few weeks have been emotionally and physically draining. Dad went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, February 17, 2007. He didn't suffer and went very peacefully. We are thankful that he didn't suffer and that he wasn't in pain. We were able to tell dad before he passed away that we are going to be having a boy. He told us from the beginning that he thought we were having a boy, and he was right!
We haven't been home much over the past few weeks and I haven't been online much and I feel so out of it!! We went down to the country for the visitation and funeral on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week. We found out at the funeral that dad's sister accepted Christ the day after dad passed away! What an amazing God we serve! We joked around about how no one would have ever thought that Dad would lead someone to the Lord! God definitely has a sense of humor too!
We got home on Wednesday night and I had to pack my bags again for a quick trip up to New Hampshire for my cousin's wedding which I was in. It was so much fun being home and seeing my friends and family for a short visit. It was pretty much non-stop while I was up there. I got home yesterday and finally unpacked tonight from the funeral and the wedding.
While I was up in NH, I talked to Vince and he was at the emergency vet with our dog Alex. Seems that she hyper-extended her paw and she sprained it. Go figure! Then, this morning I'm on my way to work (already running a little late) and I realize that I have a flat tire as I'm turning out of my alley. So, I park in front of the house, get Vince's car and head to work. When I get to work, my computer wouldn't start. It had some major issues and finally got fixed around 4:00, 30 minutes before I leave for the day! So, needless to say, I didn't get much work done today after being out of work for over a week.
Well, that's pretty much been my week in a nutshell. Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers over the past 2 weeks. It really means a lot to us to know that we have such great friends out there on our side!! God has been good to us and we are so thankful to see Him working in our lives and working through us during this difficult time.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Thank you!
Posted by Abby at 7:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment