Saturday, February 17, 2007

Dad's Homegoing

I just wanted to send out a final email update on dad. This morning at 10:42, dad passed away. Vince was with him and he said that it was a very peaceful moment, just as we had prayed for. I'm glad that we were able to all say our goodbye's and tell him that we love him before he passed away. We are praising God that dad accepted Christ and gave his life to the Lord. I am thankful that we were able to know that our baby is a boy and that dad will be Elijah's guardian angel up in heaven.

Dad's funeral will be on Wednesday down in Jackson, KY. We appreciate all of your prayers during this time. It is definitely God's grace that has gotten us through this time and his peace that passes all understanding. It's comforting to know that we have such amazing friends and family upholding us in prayer.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

I was praying for you all last night without even knowing that Vince's father was already in the presence of the Lord. I will continue to pray that He gives you comfort that only He can give. Praise the Lord that He is in heaven seeing His Savior face to face.