Friday, March 02, 2007

There's a Ninja in my Belly!

The other night I witnessed the most amazing thing so far in my pregnancy. Elijah was moving around a lot last night - that in and of itself is amazing! Well, I looked down at my belly, and I thought that I saw something pop out of my belly! So, I decided to stare a little while longer to see if I could see anything. Well, lo and behold, I could SEE Elijah kicking me! My stomach kept popping out each time he kicked!! It was such an incredible thing!

One thing that has been on my heart is for Vince to be able to feel Elijah moving. Every time Elijah starts kicking, I try to have Vince feel him, but as soon as Vince puts his hand on my belly, Elijah stops kicking! I guess Vince has that soothing fatherly touch! Well, a few nights ago I kept praying that Vince would be able to feel his son kick. Well, we were in bed, and I told Vince just to keep his hand on my belly, because when I lay down at night, Elijah gets going to town on kicking! Well, after a few minutes, Elijah belted my belly and his daddy's hand. Vince just looked at me, and asked, "What was that?" I told him, "That was your son!" Then Elijah kicked again. How cool is that?!

Well, then the next night, I was on the couch and knew Elijah was moving around, so I told Vince to come and stare at my belly. Well, sure enough, Elijah kicked a big one, and Vince saw that as well. I think Elijah is just showing off!! I am just so excited to see this baby grow and feel him moving around in my belly. It's just another way God shows His goodness and love in our lives! He hasn't stopped kicking since then!

Thank you Lord for this baby and for an amazing husband who is going to be an amazing daddy!!!

3 comments:

the johnson crew said...

that is so sweet it makes me want to cry... at least i get that little lump in my throat! babies are such a miracle. what an amazing blessing!

i am so happy for you guys!

janelle

Dawn said...

There were times I would snuggle up to Nate and Noah would start kicking him in the back! As they get bigger the kicks hurt alittle more but it is still awesome!

Stephanie said...

I am glad Vince was able to finally feel Elijah kick! Victoria would do the same thing with Mark--she always stopped kicking when he would try to feel it. Mark used to love listening to her heartbeat though by putting his ear to my belly. I am glad you are enjoying this wonderful experience!

Stephanie Stonis