I just wanted to update everyone again on dad's condition. He was diagnosed last week with Stage 4 Lung and Liver Cancer. His liver levels are too high for the doctors to do any sort of chemotherapy at this point. Basically, his liver is full of tumors, and it is failing. The lung cancer is in his airway basically, so his right lung isn't functioning either.
He is very weak and tired most of the time. The radiation oncologist is trying some radiation treatments on the liver in order to attempt to shrink it a little or at least salvage the good parts, so that his liver levels will go down to attempt treatment. The chances of this happening are very slim at this point, but they wanted to give it a chance.
I know many of you have been praying for dad's physical condition as well as his spiritual condition. Well, the angels are rejoicing in heaven today. Yesterday, Vince was able to lead dad to Christ, and dad gave his heart to God yesterday. What a miracle after all of these years!! Even amid the pain and sorrow, God's sovereign grace amazes me! Knowing that we will one day see Dad again makes this situation we are going through a little bit easier to bear.
Please continue to pray for dad's health. He is not in pain right now which is totally from God. Dad even told Vince yesterday that he's sure that God has allowed him not to have any pain. With all the problems going on, he SHOULD be in pain, but PRAISE THE LORD, he's not. If the radiation treatments do not work, he has only a matter of days/weeks before his liver completely fails. Please pray for strength for dad to get through each day and his treatments. Please pray for strength for Vince and I and Vince's brother as we have to determine all the arrangements and figure out everything that needs to be taken care of. Please pray for strength for me and this baby. We are half-way through this pregnancy, and I'm trying to take things easy and relax so that this baby is healthly. Please pray that I will find the time to relax and de-stress amid all this.
I will update more when we find out more about the treatments and if they are working. His oncologist said she would know after 3 or 4 treatments. If the treatments don't work, like I said before, it's all a matter of time. We just take each day, day by day. It's all we can do.
I am reminded of the passage in Lamentations 3:21-26:
This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.
Praise the Lord for his grace amidst the pain and heartbreak. God will always receive the glory. Thank you again for your prayers. Keep them coming!!
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Update on Dad's Condition
Posted by Abby at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Abby, I got chills when I read your post!! That is awesome that Vince was able to lead his father to the Lord! We serve an awesome God. I will continue in prayer for him that he remains healthy and without much pain. Thank you so much for sharing!
Post a Comment