Tuesday, February 06, 2007

News I'd Rather Not Know

We found out today that my father-in-law is in the hospital. He's been sick for about a month and they had been saying it was pneumonia. Well, he ended up going to the hospital because he was coughing up blood. They did a CT and discovered a mass on his lung. Tomorrow they are doing a bronchoscopy and biopsy. They think it might be lung cancer. His liver is also enlarged and he has some jaundice.

Vince's mom passed away several years ago, and dad has been the only parent in his life for a while. He's been an amazing father-in-law to me, and I really don't know what we would do without him. Dad has already said that if it is lung cancer, he doesn't want to get treatment for it, which means it could be a short time.

Please pray for Dad. There are so many uncertainties right now and we just really want God's will in his life. He is not a believer, but we are praying that God works a miracle. I want him to meet his grandchild. He's been so excited about this baby. I want him to hold on through this whole thing!

Please pray.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

I will be praying for Vince's father, especially for his salvation. Please keep us posted so we know how to pray!