Well, my posts have become more and more spread apart. I'm not online much anymore. I come on here and there, but when I get home from work each night, I pretty much crash! BUT, here's a rundown of what has been going on in my life as of late!
I am almost 17 weeks pregnant, and am amazed at everything the Lord does in our lives! I am amazed at my ever growing belly! I am amazed that this baby is going to be here in no time at all!! Here is the newest picture of the "baby" and a new one should be coming soon - this was 3 weeks ago, and boy has there been some growth!!
We had our 4 month appointment the other day, and heard the baby's heartbeat nice and strong and right away. This baby is very cooperative, and I'm just praying it remains this way the rest of this pregnancy! We have our ultrasound appointment on February 15, and HOPEFULLY we'll find out what we are having! I'm soooooo excited and can't wait to know if it's a little Mia or Elijah! So, that's just in 21 days. Let the countdown begin!!!! I'll keep everyone posted!
In other news, yesterday was my 29th birthday! I can't believe it's my last year in my 20's. Ugh! The "celebration" actually started on the 23rd since Vince had to work yesterday and didn't get home until 8:00. So, we went out to Carrabas Italian Grille. I disliked it VERY strongly! The only thing that I liked was the bread and Vince's meal! So, what did I do? Well, I went home and did what any other pregnant, hormonal woman would do. I cried! But, it was ok after I had some delicious cake that Vince made for me! I got some wonderful presents from my husband - Doc Marten shoes - sooo cute!, adorable socks - I'm a sock freak, and a blue-tooth adapter for my cell phone since I have some weird ears and hands-free kits don't usually work with my ears! And then of course, the obligatory gifts of money from relatives. That's going towards additions to my Vera Bradley collection! Fun time there!
Then, I went to work, and was showered with things. Well, not showered, more like sprinkled, but showered sounds so much more impressive! But one of the girls brought in donuts for me (of which I'm about to have another one leftover), another got me a gift certificate to the coffee place in my building, another got me a nice double picture wood frame and then my director took me out to lunch to a nice place in town. The meal for 4 of us was over $100! That was a nice lunch! Then, last night, we had Indian food and that was yummy! Getting that food was a story in and of itself, so we won't spoil the good end to my birthday. And then, before the day ended, Vince ended the night as he started it for me, by singing Happy Birthday to me. He's so adorable and I love him so!
We're on our way up to New Hampshire in about a month. I'm in my cousin's wedding, so that will be fun. We haven't been up north since this summer for my other cousin's wedding! It will be nice to see everyone since I won't be able to see them for a while with the baby coming and such. We're driving, so that's the only thing I'm dreading, especially since I'll be 5 months pregnant at the time. We're doing the trip in 2 days. 9 hours the first day, 5 hours the 2nd. Same thing on the way home. So, in essence, we're only home home for a short time, but it will be fun nonetheless.
Anyway, there's the updates on my life. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the prayers and congratulations during this changing time in our lives. Love to all!!!
Thursday, January 25, 2007
29? Ho hum!
Posted by Abby at 7:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woo hoo! glad to hear that you are doing well. Fun to see a pic. of you and can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl! Keep us posted. KB
that is a really cute picture.
i am glad you had a special birthday! how fun! it is always nice to be treated special. coffee gift cards are the BEST!
i hope you enjoy your trip home... and i hope the car ride isn't too bad. i don't like sitting in the car either, but i am not pregnant!
God bless you,
janelle
happy birthday!
Happy (late) Birthday!!
I love the picture; Nate convinced me to put pictures of my belly from time to time on the internet and now I know why. It is fun to see the changes in people! Be prepared to stop a ton on your trip home; if you are anything like me you will need to use the potty more times then you would like :-)
Lots of love
Dawn
Post a Comment