Well, tonight, I'm taking Vince to Indianapolis for the night to celebrate our 6th anniversary (a few days early)! I planned everything for this adventure and surprised him with it a few days ago. We'll be dropping Eli off at our brother and sister-in-law's for the night. It's our first time leaving him overnight! I'm a little scared, but I think we'll be ok. Eli won't know the difference. He'll be glad to be spending the extra time with his Aunt and Uncle and cousins! We'll head out to Indianapolis and stay at the Omni Severin downtown.
We have dinner reservations at McCormick & Schmicks - amazingly yummy seafood! I made reservations at 2 different restaurants, and let Vince choose which one. He chose the seafood - good choice! Then we'll be going to the movies after dinner and seeing UP. I think it's funny that we have a night away from Eli for a romanting evening, and we go see a kid's movie! HA! Then we'll stay the night and then go out to breakfast at one of our favorite places in Indy, Patachou on the Park. It's an all organic restaurant, and their food is so yummy! I love their omlets, and Vince, of course, loves their coffee selection. Then we'll head home after breakfast and pick up the little guy. It will be a nice time away for us, seeing that this is the first time we've been away from Eli overnight!
This is the "certificate" that I made for Vince telling him what the Anniversary Surprise was! He was definitely surprised, and we're so excited!!
OPENING HIS SURPRISE
Friday, June 05, 2009
Off to Indianapolis!
Posted by Abby at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That sounds SOOOOOOO awesome! The first night away from the kiddos is very hard, but somehow you make it and hope you have fun at the same time! We didn't leave Aaron, our oldest, overnight until he was 4!!! It was for a couple's retreat with our churh. But, Megan was less than a year. I guess you relax a bit after the second one. Hope you guys have a GREAT weekend! Happy Anniversary, a little early!
What a super cute idea to present the getaway in a certificate! I'm sure Elijah will do GREAT! Don't even give him a second thought. Have a spectacular time away!
Post a Comment