Vince and I had a fabulous time in Indianapolis celebrating our anniversary (early). We dropped Eli off at Vince's brother and sister-in-law's house. Eli was almost pushing us out the door, telling us, "GO"! I guess he was ready for a night away from us! I cried as we pulled away, but survived! The whole trip, we kept thinking of Eli and wondering how he was doing, but we knew he was in VERY GOOD hands, and had nothing to worry about!
We got to the hotel, the Omni Severin and valet parked the car, got checked in, and had time to just unpack, and relax and iron our clothes for dinner (well, I did that part!) We walked the few blocks to the restaurant, McCormick & Schmicks, and got right in - whoo hoo! The meal was DELICIOUS! I had the Lobster Ravioli and Vince had the Parmesean Horseradish Crusted Halibut. Both meals were fantastic! We even got dessert afterwards, and because it was our anniversary dinner, I got my dessert for free! YAY!!
THE RESTAURANT
VINCE HAD THE CINNAMON BUN PUDDING - SO YUMMY!
I HAD THE CHOCOLATE CUP WITH RASPBERRY MOUSSE - THIS WAS THE FREE ONE!!!
ME AND MY MAN AFTER A VERY FILLING DINNER!
We waddled back to the hotel since we were so stuffed! And got to relax some more before we headed out to the movies. We called Eli and talked to him for a few minutes, and then said our good-nights! He was being so good! We got to the movie theater early, so we decided to see Angels & Demons instead of UP. It was a great movie and I liked it even more than DaVincci Code. Good movie! And of course, a big tub of popcorn and icees were on the docket!! YUM!
We got back to the hotel around 12:30 and fell fast asleep as soon as we hit the pillows! We had coffee and juice delivered to our door at 8:00 sharp - free! Even better! Then we headed out to Patachou on the Park - probably one of my favorite restaurants in Indianapolis. It was a nice walk and the cool morning air felt great! Our breakfast of totally organic food was SOOOOO yummy! Love that place!
ON OUR WAY TO THE RESTAURANT
THE AMAZINGLY GOOD RESTAURANT!
KISSING IN THE SHADOWS
We had a great trip, but by the time breakfast was over and our bags were packed, we were so ready to get home and see Eli! We are thankful for the time together and loved the quiet time alone, but we really missed Eli and love every second with him!! Thanks Bub and Terry for watching Eli - we really appreciate you both!!!!
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
Night In Indianapolis
Posted by Abby at 10:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love that shadow picture! Creative and cute! Sounds like a wonderful time! I was sad you didn't go to Up because I was going to ask you how it was! Guess maybe I will see the other movie since you said it was good. I hadn't planned on it because I was disappointed with the Da Vinci Code. Anwyay, glad you guys had a good time!
Post a Comment