Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What A Nice Surprise!

Well, tonight was a nice surprise for me. Vince and I had plans to go out to dinner at a nice restaurant near my office. So, I finished my day at work, and went over and met him at the restaurant. We were looking at the menu, and much to my surprise, the nurse, receptionist, and one of the doctors I work with came and surprised me. Little did I know, but Vince and the nurse have been planning this for over a week. It was like a nice little going away dinner. I even got presents and everything! It was such a great night and it was so nice to spend time with the people I enjoy working with currently. Although I won't miss my job, I will definitely miss these great people! Thanks Vince for a wonderful evening!

Well, my vacation away at my sister's house was great. Besides the fact that the flight there kepts getting more and more delayed and we ended up not getting home to my sister's house until way after midnight. It was a lot of fun though. Time with the kids was wonderful as usual. It was so hard to have to leave them. When I left the house on Sunday, my one niece stayed home with my sister (my brother-in-law and the 2 oldest kids brought me to the airport since it was 2 hours away). When I said goodbye to Emma, Amy had to tell her that Aunt Abby had to go home now, and she said, "But I don't want my Abby to go home." (She calls me My Abby instead of Aunt Abby - it's SO cute) She was pouting and wouldn't stop holding me. It made me cry! And then I had to say goodbye to my sister, and that made me bawl - always does! It's so hard being away from her and the family. We've grown so close over the past couple of years. Then when I was at the airport, my niece Mackenzie started crying when she had to say goodbye - she's the very sensitive one. It was awful! I started crying again, and then had to say goodbye to my nephew too and he kept holding me too. Gosh - this is awful! I was crying in the airport listening to my iPod and hearing songs that reminded me of the kids. And then cried again when we were taking off in the plane. This happens everytime I visit them! You'd think I'd learn by now :-) Such is life!

We had a great time! We went to Hershey Park on Friday and went on the Chocolate Ride - saw how they did the chocolate and it was free, and you get CHOCOLATE at the end of the ride! How can you NOT love that! Then I stocked up on some good ol' chocolate. If you have never been to Hershey, it's so cool. Once you approach the town, roll down your windows, and you will be engulfed with the smell of chocolate. It's amazing. The street lights look like Hershey Kisses! It's so fun!

Then on Saturday we went to the outlet stores and went crazy shopping. I was pretty good - didn't spend too much money and got some great deals. Gotta love the deals! Got some cute sneakers at the Reebok outlet. They were only $20 and it helps that I can wear kids sizes still!! I've been trying to find a picture online of them, but can't seem to find one in the color I got, so I'll have to post one later - they are cute - take my word for it!!!

Anyway, here's some pictures of the kids - it was such a great time!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Other than that, I only have 2 days left at my job, and I cannot wait to start my new job!! YAY!! I've been having to train the person that basically has made my job horrible, and basically forced me out of my job. God has given me grace to get through this trying time. I know it's all HIM and nothing of me!!!

I suppose that's all for now - I'm going to finish watching my tivo and then get myself to bed!! Love to all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should be seeing your sister soon. I'm going to be doing my student teaching at Lebanon.