Saturday, January 24, 2009

Birthday Festivities

So, today is my 31st birthday! I've had a great day. It all started yesterday actually when I got a massage and a haircut. What a great afternoon that was!!!

Today, I slept in, stayed in my pj's until about 2:00 and then finally got ready for the day. We went to Mitchell's Fish Market on the Levee here in Newport, and I got some yummy lobster, and since we told them it was my birthday I got a free dessert! It was this HUGE ice cream dessert called a Sharkfin Pie. It was SOOOO good. We couldn't eat it all it was so big.

Then we came home and I opened my presents from Vince and Elijah. I got a beautiful Willow Tree figurine of a mother holding a child (just what I wanted). And then Vince got me a new video camera - it's one of those FlipVideo Cameras that just plug right into your computer and downloads the video - SO great!

Vince made me a delicious red velvet cake, of which we actually cut into last night since it looked so yummy - we couldn't wait!! ha!!

Here are some pictures from my day and a video of Eli using my new camera! Thanks for everyone that has wished me well on my day. It's been great!!


NEW HAIRCUT



ME AND MY MAN!



AT THE FISH MARKET



LITTLE MAN



MY YUMMY BIRTHDAY LOBSTER!



UP CLOSE



VINCE HAD THE SEA BASS - IT WAS REALLY GOOD TOO!



IT WAS SOOOO GOOD!



FREE BIRTHDAY DESSERT



ME AND ELI



MY NEW WILLOW TREE FIGURINE



MY FLIPVIDEO!!!



DELICIOUS RED VELVET CAKE

AND HERE'S A VIDEO OF ELI TAKEN WITH MY NEW CAMERA!!!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

4 comments:

jeileenbaylor said...

Looks like such a fun day :)

Unknown said...

Holy cats, girl! You sure got spoiled on your bday!!!! Wow. I'm slightly jealous. My birthday dinner consisted of a dairy queen bacon cheeseburger. :) Happy belated birthday and welcome to the over-30 club!

Janelle said...

What a great birthday! Sorry I'm not a fan of the lobster, especially you getting ready to bite his head off! :( The ice cream looked great though! Glad you enjoyed it!

Eli's little dance is SOOOOO funny! It's like he's doin' the mashed potato! Too cute! Glad you had a fun and enjoyable birthday!

the johnson crew said...

happy birthday!