Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Early Pre-Mother's Day!

Well, Vince took me out to dinner tonight to celebrate my first mother's day! I came home last night and had a dinner invitation in my email to The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I got so excited! We had talked about going there sometime, but I didn't know when that would be. Well, he made reservations and we went tonight! Also, I got home from work today and he ran in the door before me and when I opened the door I had roses and other flowers waiting for me and a really sweet card! What a wonderful husband I have!

Well, dinner was sooooo yummy - 4 courses. First course was the cheese fondue course - served with breads and vegetables and apples. It was quite delish!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then the second course was salad, and we both got chef salads - again, quite yummy!

Then the main course - this was so fun! There was a plate of meats - chicken, teriyaki tenderloin, sirloin, shrimp, and salmon. Then there was a plate of veggies - potatoes, squash, broccoli, and mushrooms. You cook everything in a boiling vegetable broth. They brought out 6 different sauces/dips to put on the meats and veggies and it was amazingly good! It was fun cooking everything and picking out what sauces I wanted on each piece of meat. Very filling!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then of course, the dessert! We got what was called a yin and yang chocolate fondue. It was white chocolate and dark chocolate swirled together. It then had a side of dippers! That was cheesecake, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, brownies, pound cake, graham coated marshmallows, and oreo coated marshmallows. It was AMAZING!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We had such a great dinner. It was a great time and we had so much fun. Thank you Vince for making my first mother's day so memorable and wonderful. I love you and you're going to make a great father to Elijah!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there!!! Hope you have a great day!

2 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

Mmm....sounds yummy! I've heard of that restaurant before, but unfortunately there's not one near us.
Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

We just experienced a melting pot restaurant last week - what a trip! I loved the whole thing but my fave was dipping cheesecake in the dessert chocolate. We got the chocolate turtle flambe. It was the most delicious dessert ever!