The final baby shower was this past weekend. It was our family shower. The day was absolutely amazing! For many reasons! We got to the shower and I was chit chatting with my cousins and aunt and uncle and such, and I told them I was going to put my purse in the other room. Well, everyone followed me to the room, and I was like, ok, whatever they want :-) Well, I walked into the room, and there was my mom and grandmother standing there!!!!! They flew in from New Hampshire for my shower and surprised me. It was the best gift I could have asked for! They had this planned since JANUARY and they were able to keep the secret! How amazing!!
Then I looked to the other side of the room and saw SOOOO many gifts!! WOW! We got a lot of the bigger items at this shower. We got our travel system, our high chair, the infant-toddler car seat, and TONS of clothes! I kid you not- I have 4 loads of laundry to do for Elijah's clothes just from this shower! This kid is spoiled already!
One of the best gifts that we got was a hand made cradle that my uncle made for us. It is the most beautiful cradle that I have ever seen. I am in awe of the craftmanship that it has and everything he put into it. It's absolutely beautful and it will be handed down through many generations!!
All in all, it was a great day! The food was delicious (chocolate fountain included - yummy!), the gifts were abundant, and the blessing of family was wonderful. God has blessed us with a wonderful family (Vince and me) and we are so grateful to have them supporting us through every step we take in life!!
Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Baby Shower #4
Posted by Abby at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You guys got lots of nice things for Elijah! The crib is very beautiful!! Have fun getting everything organized and put away now! :)
What a wonderful time at all those showers! The cradle is lovely...what a great job done by yoru uncle!
What a neat shower! How awesome that must have been to have your mom & sister surprise you. How special! That crib is awesome and I hope Elijah spends many peaceful nights in it!!
That truly is a blessing to have FOUR showers!!! You will definitely appreciate it even more after Elijah is here and you start changing diapers and clothes!!! That is so wonderful that your mom could be there! What an incredibly special surprise!!!
The cradle is gorgeous and the fact that your uncle made it makes it all the better! God truly is good!!!
That cradle is SO BEAUTIFUL! You must have just cried when you saw it. Wow. That will be a family heirloom I bet! How cool that your mom and grammy came! Those surprises are the best! Were they able to stay long to visit?
The cradle will definitely be an heirloom. We are going to get little plates engraved with each child and put them on the cradle. Hopefully it will be passed on through the generations!
My mom and grammy left the day after the shower, but it was great to see them (even if they came in 2 days before the shower!!!). My mom is coming to see me for a week after we have the baby, so even though it was a short visit, I know she'll be back soon!! It was such a special day!
I am so glad that you seems to have eveything that you need; I just remember holding everything and imagining using them on Noah before he came along!
Post a Comment