Thursday, December 10, 2009

Elijah-Isms

Here's your next installment of Elijah-isms!!

****************************************

While Eli and Vince were waiting for Nanna to come visit, Vince asked Eli if he was excited. His response? He raised his hands in the air and with a loud voice proclaimed, "EXCITED!!



****************************************

We had adjusted Eli's high chair during Thanksgiving so that he could slide right under the dining room table while we were eating. Well, I tried to adjust it back one morning (not knowing how to do it), and I noticed that Eli had left the room and was running into the living room. So, I went in there and asked what he was doing. He went into his tool box and got one of his screwdrivers, and brought it into the kitchen and went right to the chair and told me he was going to "Fix the Chair." What a great handy man I have!

****************************************

After Eli was at the hospital, I was bringing him to bed, and when I was carrying him up the stairs, Vince told Eli that he rocked! Eli then pointed to Vince and said, "You Rock!" This went on for a few times, then he went to bed. Well, the next night as I was bringing Eli up to bed, he looked through the slats on the stairs, and pointed at Vince and said, "You Rock!" He sure does love his daddy!

****************************************

The other night Eli had a bad dream and came running into my room at 2am telling me that he was scared. He crawled into bed with me and didn't want to let go. I let him hang out with me for a while and then I got him back to sleep in his own bed. The next night, Vince asked him why he was scared. Eli told him he was scared of a birdie. And it was a little birdie that scared him. Vince then asked him what the birdie looked like and what the birdie said. Eli furled his forehead, squinted his eyes and got a mean look to his face, and in a gruff voice said, "Tweeeet, Tweeeet, Tweeeet!" It was hilarious! If only we had a camera running all the time on this boy!

****************************************

Last night again, I was taking Eli up to bed, and he squeezed through the opening in the french doors leading out to the hallway from our living room. He was all excited and said, "I fit!" Then he looked at me, and said, "Fit? No, You're Too Big!" HA HA HA! Out of the mouth of babes I suppose!

****************************************

0 comments: