Thursday, December 10, 2009

32 Weeks

I'm still shocked that I'm already at this point in my pregnancy! It has flown by SO fast, and before I know it, Ethan will be here!

Here's the latest and greatest:

* I have a C-Section scheduled for Thursday, February 4 at 10:30am. I am praying that I make it to that date! Eli was almost 2 1/2 weeks early, so I don't have high hopes for a full-term (i.e. 40 weeks) pregnancy with Ethan! I also hope I make it to February 4th, because that will ensure that I have MY doctor doing the C-Section, and will have him taking care of us.

* I haven't had nearly as much swelling with this pregnancy, so I'm sure that's helped me not gain as much weight this time around. I think being pregnant in the winter helps that too.

* I've started to make my lists! If you know me, you know that I am a list girl through and through. I have lists started for MY hospital bag (including items for Vince and Ethan, a list for Eli's bag, a grocery list for Eli, and have to start my actual BEFORE C-SECTION TO-DO LIST.

* I'm waddling a lot more these days, which is par for the course. Waking up several times in the night, and getting more and more uncomfortable as the days go on. I no longer can see my feet when I look down, and even just attempting to put socks on every day is a task in and of itself!!

* I took down from the attic all of Eli's Newborn, 0-3, and 3-6 month clothing and started sorting through it with the help of my mother when she was here at Thanksgiving. I have a lot of stuff that can be used again, but noticed that I needed some more items. With Eli being born in June, I have a lot of summer, one-piece rompers that aren't going to work with Ethan being born in February. So, some shopping has been done, and that's always fun! We should be set for a little while at least.

Other than that, I am just more than ready to meet this little guy. Eli is starting to show more interest in it, so that's definitely good! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. The transition and recovery is what scares me the most. I had my first anxiety dream last night where I dreamt that I had nothing ready for the baby and had no clothes and no burp clothes, nothing! HA! So, I guess it's all starting to hit me now. But, after the holidays, the time is going to FLY! Even now, I can't believe I'm saying I'm 8 months pregnant! WHAT?! Crazy!

0 comments: