I heard a country song yesterday (insert laugh here - you happy now Vince?!) and it seemed to sum up a lot of things going on in our lives. I'm not a huge fan of country (even if I did live in Nashville for 6 months!), but this song is pretty good - here is the chorus of the song (the part that really is what I'm talking about):
Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers
Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs
That just because he may not answer doesn't mean he don't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
Some of God's greatest gifts are all too often unanswered...
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
I normally don't refer to God as "the man upstairs", but you know what I'm talking about. I just think that sometimes I get so caught up in the outcome of my prayers, and that when God doesn't answer exactly how I think it should be, that it's just not right. And that's now what God teaches us. No matter what the outcome of our prayers, whether they are answered the way we think they should be answered, or another way, God is in control and the answers He gives is HIS will. I need to be more God focused in my prayers as opposed to Abby focused.
We've dealt a lot with infertility and miscarried twins last year. And although I want a baby right now, and I want to be pregnant right now, it's not what God wants for us. I can see HIS will in every part of this. As hard as it was to lose our babies, I can see God working in that. For one, I wouldn't have been paid for the time I'd be off from work for maternity leave. I know God provides. I don't doubt that. But being off for 8-12 weeks with no pay would be difficult.
I now have a new job which is better in many aspects. It's a non-stressful job, which will definitely help with getting pregnant when we do start trying. I also have been able to lose close to 65 pounds, which again will help with the fertility. I am able to be off from work during maternity leave and get paid 80% of my pay. That's a huge answer to prayer.
So, in many aspects, God has answered my prayers, even the ones I don't think about at the moment. And as hard as it is to lose our babies, and to desire so much to be pregnant right now, I know that it's not God's will for us right now, and I need to just trust Him for His timing in our lives!
This is another song that really means so much to me, especially in dealing with our miscarriage.
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
Ok - there's my sermon for the day! I've gone on long enough I suppose! God bless and have a wonderful weekend!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment