Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Third Trimester!!

Can it be? 3rd Trimester already? Time has gone so fast, but as Vince so kindly reminded me the other day, it went fast with Eli as well UNTIL the 3rd trimester, and then it dragged! Gee, thanks for reminding me honey! Anyway, here's our third trimester update!

At this point, I'm 29 weeks and a few days. My baby ticker said I only have 77 days left - WHAT?! Craziness! I'm feeling pretty good these days - just TIRED and worn out all the time. I'm starting to show the signs of some swelling, but thankfully not to the extent I had with Eli. My "normal" rings don't fit on my right hand, but thankfully my wedding rings still do! The migraines/headaches aren't as frequent, so I'm very happy about that. My newest "complaint" is the lightheadedness/diziness/almost fainting spells I have several times a day. The doctor doesn't seem too concerned at this point, and all my levels came back fine from bloodwork, so we're just keeping an eye on it!

Here's my picture from about 2 weeks ago - feeling MONDO pregnant as Vince so lovingly refers to it!



I failed my first one-hour glucose test by 12 points - ugh! I'm convinced it was because I had a few sweet tarts on the way to the doctor's appointment (I didn't know I was going to have the glucose test that day). I then had to have the 3 hour fasting glucose test. I think that has to be one of the worse things ever! I went almost 17 hours without eating anything and just felt awful overall. I have HORRIBLE veins for bloodwork, so I left that place being stuck 5 times with needles and sore, and then days later had AWFUL bruises. Looked like I went a few rounds with Rocky! Thankfully, I passed that test no problem! See - I think it WAS the sweet tarts afterall!

About 2 weeks ago we had a fetal echo/ultrasound to see Ethan in more detail and check to see if he had any heart defects. Vince has a genetic heart valve defect, so they do this detailed ultrasound as a precaution. Well, Ethan is "fit as a fiddle" and has no apparent defects. He was perfect! The "only" thing the doctor stated was that he was FAT! Ha! He's measuring about 2 weeks big at this point. Eli did as well most of his pregnancy. AND, he came 2 weeks early, so it looks like Ethan is leaning that direction as well. He might be a January baby afterall!

We got some AMAZING pictures of Ethan with the 4D ultrasound. It's so great to see all the details already there in his face and hands and little feet. God's creation is PERFECT! Like the David said in Psalm 139:13-16, "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Here's some pictures of our little man!



HIS CUTE LITTLE FOOT



ANKLES CROSSED AND A VIEW OF HIS CUTE LITTLE BUM! HE'S GOING TO LOVE THIS PICTURE SOMEDAY!



TRYING TO HAVE A SEAT - ANKLES CROSSED



MY BEAUTIFUL SON! EITHER HE'S SALUTING US OR FINALLY LIFTING UP HIS HAND AND PLAY PEEK-A-BOO WITH US!

Eli is still getting used to the fact that there is going to be another baby in the house before he knows it! Some days he'll talk to my belly and say hi to Ethan, and other days, it seems like he runs screaming from it all. Once Ethan is here in the flesh, and the dust has settled, that will be the true test. That's why there are 2 of use to watch over the boys. They will never lack attention and LOVE!

We are so thankful that God has allowed this baby to come to our lives! With all our past fertility problems and losses, God has given us SO much! We have a healthy, active (sometimes overly active) 2 year old full of life and humor. I can't wait to see what Ethan's personality will be and how he will grow up and bless our family even more than it already is!!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Abby, he is BEAUTIFUL! I cannot believe the pictures - I LOVED the 4-D ultrasound, like a little visit with your baby! How exciting. I'm sure everything will be fine with the brothers - we have so much fun with our 2 boys and it is the sweetest thing EVER to see them interact. Praying for a healthy and speedy last trimester for you!