Monday, January 04, 2010

Date Night

Well, now that I can breathe a little bit better since the holidays are past, I guess I should update my neglected blog!

On Tuesday, December 15, Vince and I had a date night! Our last date night was in June for our anniversary, and overnighter to Indianapolis for the night with dinner and a movie and shopping. Fun times!

Well, seeing that was 6 months ago, I figured it was time for another date! Especially with Ethan arriving in the next couple weeks and the holidays, I needed to plan something! With our work schedules (Vince works overnights, and I work days), it's really hard to coordinate something with each other, and with our sister-in-law, who watches Eli for us.

I planned this all without Vince knowing, and arranged for Terry to watch Eli and made the reservations at Melting Pot! I blocked off Vince's schedule and told him to keep it free. Without hints, he figured out not only that we were having a date night, but also where we were going! He's hard to pull one over on!!

Anyway, we had such a great time out and it was delicious, as usual! We had the Spinach and Artichoke Cheese Fondue, and it was probably my FAVORITE course! Then we had salads and then came the meats. We had Lobster Tail, Filet Mignon, NY Sirloin, Applewood Smoked Bratwurst, Garlic Marinated Chicken Breast, Shrimp, and Roasted Tomato/Cheese Ravioli. It was SO good! Then dessert was a White Chocolate Apple Struedel Fondue with all the yummy sweets to dip in. We were thoroughly stuffed! We had a great time, and I'm so thankful for the time to spend with my wonderful husband. The time is few and far between, but I'm thankful for the date nights we do get!


CHEESE FONDUE



THE MEATS



MY HANDSOME HUBBY!



DESSERT - WE COULDN'T FINISH IT ALL!



USUAL SELF PORTRAIT

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that dinner sounds DIVINE! I'm intrigued by that yummy striped ravioli. And it all sounds incredibly delicious . . . you shouldn't have described it in such great detail. I'm drooling over here! :)

VERY GLAD to hear you got a date night before Ethan arrives!