Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

So, anyone else out there make some resolutions? I make them every year just like everyone else, and a lot of the time they are broken soon after they are made! This year I'm hoping to really pay attention to my resolutions. They are as follows:

1. Not drinking pop. Shouldn't be too hard since I went a few years without it previously, so that's a seemingly easy one!



2. Not drinking while I eat. This is a hard one, and some people don't understand this one. I had Gastric Lap Band Surgery 2 1/2 years ago, and a big thing that interferes with it working correctly is drinking while you eat. I have a small pouch for my stomach now, and drinking water/liquids while eating just washes the food through, therefore causing me to eat more, which defeats the point of the surgery! So, in order to have my surgery be successful 2 1/2 years later (and after having a baby!), this is key!!



3. Lose my baby weight by vacation (June 20). This is feasible, especially with my lap band - it could even be more, but I want to set reasonable expectations.




4. Lose the remaining weight by Christmas. I won't divulge how much, not yet at least :-)



5. Eat more veggies and fruit, i.e. VEGETARIAN. I know, extreme. I've done it before, and did very well with it, and pretty much enjoyed it. I have a lot of problems with most meats with the lap band, and so it just made sense for me to go that route. BUT, if I want a Ribeye, I'm going to have a Ribeye - I'm not going to be one of those extreme vegetarians - I'm mainly doing it because of my band and how the meat is not always "pouch-friendly". And I'm sure it's a lot healthier than eating all that meat!! (Anyone have good vegetarian recipes?!)



So, what are YOUR New Year's Resolutions?

1 comments:

Janelle said...

Talk about aiming high!!! =) But, if you're going to aim, you might as well aim high, hu!!! I'm not much on New Year's resolutions, but admire and want to encourage those that do. I hope that you will be able to stick to at least some of these, if not all of them!!! Sounds like they are all for good reason, except for no pop! Can't understand that one! ;) Keep up the good work!