Monday, April 09, 2007

WOW - I can't believe it!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I still have about 11 weeks to go, and I don't know where it's all going to go! HA! One of the drawbacks of being short I suppose!

I think Elijah's trying to flip to be in the non-breech position. He's been moving so much more than usual, and his movements are constant and bigger I guess you could say! I could just sit there and watch my belly movements for hours! I catch myself staring at my belly at work - probably not the most productive of things to do, but this doesn't happen all the time!

I have decided that I will miss all the belly movements once Elijah is born. Sure, I'll have him in my arms, and there will be other movements going on that I have to look forward, but just the thought of this little man moving around inside of me is an amazing thought!! OF COURSE, I can't wait for Eli to be here!! I am counting down the days!

We went and did our hospital tour this weekend. What a site - 10 pregnant woman waddling around the labor and delivery wing of the hospital I'm delivering at. It makes it that much more of a reality! It just brings it to the forefront of my mind that Elijah will be here soon!! I have SO many lists to finish, so much to get done, everything!!!

Vince and I are going away for a much needed weekend away the end of this month. We figure that we need to do this now before Elijah comes, and before I get too big to move around comfortably! We're going to Indianapolis for the weekend, staying at a NICE hotel (Hyatt Regency) and just spending time together. No distractions, no email, no pets, no nothing :-) Just me and Vince. We're staying right by the Capitol in Indianapolis, and our room is a King room with a Capitol view. I'm really looking forward to this time of relaxation, fun, and time away with my hubby! Lord knows we won't have much of that soon enough!!

Anyway, there's the updates. I'm sure everyone was waiting on the edge of their seat for that! Considering I only get a few comments from my "faithful" readers! So - if you read this, COMMENT! :-) I like to know who is out there!!

Love to all!

11 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

You look so cute Abby! Thanks for the update!

Heather said...

I read your updates and thank you for them!! You are looking so beautiful! I remember when I was anxiously looking forward to Victoria being born and then it hit me...i will not feel me big belly move anymore...kind of sad but at the same time it is such a relief to hold you little one!!

Take it easy and have a wonderful weekend away with your hubby!!

Abby said...

Thanks Heather! I know - it's amazing to know that he'll be here soon enough! I just LOVE watching my belly!!!!! Crazy, but it's the only time you can get away with it!

Kelli said...

Wow, only 11 more weeks!! Have a wonderful weekend away with you hubby.

Unknown said...

Abby, I've been meaning to comment for forever on your blog - sorry I've been such a delinquent! You are such a lovely pregnant lady! And I've always loved the name Elijah. You just don't hear it much anymore. How cool that you'll use it for your soon-arriving bundle of joy!

It's been so fun for me to read your pregnant thoughts. It whisks me back to my prego days. Glad to hear you'll be getting a weekend away! Enjoy the couple times as much as you can during these last weeks!

Alicia

Jenny said...

commenting! :-) Elijah will be here before you know it!!

Dawn said...

Abby,
Enjoy your time away with Vince; babies are truly a wonderful gift from God but they do consume most of your time so it is important to make husband and wife time!!

Troy & Sherry said...

abby - we are excited for you and you will be close to our place - we live about an hour from indy - have fun and enjoy yourself...i say we should try and get together but this is your alone - lovey dovey time....love ya friend!

S said...

Abby-
I've been kind out of the loop with your blog, because I had lost the address, but I now have you in my Google Reader so we won't have that problem anymore. I just read the news of your pregnancy and the journey to get to this point and want to say a belated congratulations and praise the Lord! I love the name Elijah. OUr pastor's son is named Elijah and they call him Eli for short. Such a rich name. Anyways, we also have dealt with infertility issues and know the pain that goes along with that. Praise the Lord that we are able to encourage others who go through this from our own experience. I loved feeling the kicks and movements of the baby also. It is such an amazing experience being pregnant. It wasn't until the last four weeks that I really felt uncomfortable, and I think God does that to make you ready to have the baby and be ready to be done being pregnant. I think I've gone on long enough, so I will shut up now! I was catching up on all the old posts, though... :) Have fun on your getaway!

Loraena Tuttle said...

Thanks for your kind comments on my page - I do recognize you from college!

Congratulations on your little boy - what a blessing from the Lord! I like the name Elijah, too.

Karen said...

Ah, memories! How EXCITING! Didn't you just love the hospital tour--I can't wait to "meet" Eli through your blog... won't be long at all!