This is for all those working moms out there (which there doesn't seem to be too many that read this blog). I am still struggling every day with leaving Elijah to go to work! Sundays I cry harder because I know the next day starts the cycle all over again. I cry every morning on my way to work. I am blessed that Elijah stays home with Vince 2-3 days a week and then is with my sister-in-law the rest of the time, but it's still so hard!
So, my question is, does it ever get easier (as everyone says it will)? My desire is to be home with Elijah every day, but unfortunately, we aren't able to do that right now. If I could be a stay-at-home mom, I would in a heartbeat! I have this nagging feeling inside of me that I am not being a good mom because I have to work. Then I have Vince telling me that I AM being a good mom because I'm working to help provide for Elijah and to help provide a roof over our heads, etc etc. I'm just so torn, and struggle!!
I'm sure every working mom has gone through this, so I know I'm not the first, and I know I'm not the last mom to suffer through this. But it's just so hard! I love my little man SO much and just would love to spend every minute with him (if I could!!)
How do you other working moms out there cope??
(Of course I had to end with another cutie picture of my guy!!)
So, my question is, does it ever get easier (as everyone says it will)? My desire is to be home with Elijah every day, but unfortunately, we aren't able to do that right now. If I could be a stay-at-home mom, I would in a heartbeat! I have this nagging feeling inside of me that I am not being a good mom because I have to work. Then I have Vince telling me that I AM being a good mom because I'm working to help provide for Elijah and to help provide a roof over our heads, etc etc. I'm just so torn, and struggle!!
I'm sure every working mom has gone through this, so I know I'm not the first, and I know I'm not the last mom to suffer through this. But it's just so hard! I love my little man SO much and just would love to spend every minute with him (if I could!!)
How do you other working moms out there cope??
(Of course I had to end with another cutie picture of my guy!!)

2 comments:
I'm only a part-time working mom but I get to work from home so I don't have that separation sadness you're talking about. BUT I do understand how conflicted it is to have to work when I'd rather be playing with Chloe or enjoying a cup of tea with a good book. It's all about balance and knowing that God has led you and given you peace about your decision to work. The bonus is that during these first few years Elijah isn't going to remember at all that you were or weren't around 24/7 to hang out with him. And think about how precious that makes your time together! I bet you really appreciate your baby times now and can truly enjoy them. As a stay at home mom I often get tired of being with my girl all day long and wish for a break. So I don't always relish my moments with Chloe. Thanks for the reminder that I'm truly blessed to be home!
that is an adorable picture.
i am sorry that you are struggling with leaving elijah to go to work. i can imagine it is hard. i am so glad that it works out for your husband and sister in law to watch him. that is comforting i am sure.
Post a Comment