Saturday, September 27, 2008

Times they are a changing!

I guess I should update on the lives of the Turners. SO many things have happened over the last several weeks and changes are coming around every corner!

Let's see - let's start with Elijah!
Elijah is doing great! He says so many words, like dog, bird, duck, good bye, night-night, mom, dad, la la (for Alex our dog), cup, and his ever famous, "What's That?!" We hear that constantly, and I'm excited that he's so inquisitive about the world around him! He's becoming a toddler before my very eyes! A few weeks ago he was really sick. Poor kiddo was having diarrhea really bad and he wasn't keeping anything in him. I finally took him to the after-hours clinic our doctor's office has. You never know who is going to be staffing the clinic that night since it's on a rotating schedule. Praise the Lord it was our family doctor!! He knew Elijah and knew Elijah's health history - I was so glad. Poor guy ended up having a double ear infection and a stomach virus. They had to give him an antibiotic shot since they were worried "regular" antibiotics wouldn't stay in to work. Thankfully too, he had his 15 month check up a few days later, so our doctor was able to check up on his problems, and he's doing much better!!

Next, we'll go to Vince. Vince has been so busy with work and church and the fall semester starting up at the seminary program through our church. Several weeks back, Vince was feeling really uneasy in his job and just didn't have peace about staying there. He applied at another hospital in the area, and almost immediately was hired! He's been working the last several weeks and has stated it's like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders. The hospital that he's at now is actually MUCH closer to home which is always nice. He worked there when he was first out of respiratory school, and there are a lot of the same people there, so it was like coming home for him.

The other biggest change with his job is that he's going to be starting on night shift this coming week. So, that means he'll be working 3 nights a week, from 7pm to 7am. It will be a big adjustment, but we've prayed about it, and feel this is what we should be doing. He's also been so active in our church. He already currently teaches the new member class and is now going to be teaching an Alpha class. This is like a new believers class. It's a 7-week course going over the basics of Christianity. He's really excited about this opportunity. The seminary program also started last week. He's pastoring over the program this fall, so now that's he graduated, he only has to go to class, but not take tests or do projects!!

And now to me. I started a new job this spring and was really excited about the opportunity. It was something totally new for me and something I've never done before. It was kind of a big deal, so I was excited. Well, slowly the big deal started "crumbling" and I wasn't excited about it anymore. There were empty promises and the hours were getting longer and longer. I was working 10-11 hour days and getting home so late. I didn't get time to spend with Elijah, I didn't see Vince much, and especially with Vince starting on night shift, I had to make a change. I wasn't happy. So, I started looking for jobs and was sending out resumes right and left. Nothing. No response, no nothing! But then when I was about to give up, a job kind of fell in my lap and I got it!

I'm starting next week and with be the Administrative Assistant to the Director and 6 managers of the Admitting and Registration Department of University Hospital. My hours are 7:30 - 4:00!! That means I'll be able to spend more time with Elijah, spend time with Vince before he leaves for his job at night, and we'll be able to have a nice family dinner every night! The Lord knows exactly what we need, exactly when we need it!! I actually took a pay cut to take the job, but Vince will be making more money with his new job, so that makes up for it. And on top of that, we got a check in the mail today for almost $400 for overpayment on mortgage fees! God is so good!!!

So, there we have it - the Turner family updates. We've been having a lot go on in our lives and we are so thankful for the supportive family and friends that we have in our lives! They truly make the difference!

Here's new picture - Vince shaved (after 5 years!), so there's some more changes!!!


MY TWO BIGGEST BLESSINGS!

0 comments: