Ok - Elijah is being exclusively breastfed with the exception of one bottle a night of formula. Normally he's been going every 3 days or so between bowel movements, and then it's a big one (of course). Well, we're almost at a week now! He doesn't seem to be constipated - his tummy isn't hard, he isn't straining or anything. I've read that it's pretty normal for breastfed babies to go several days between bowel movements. I am just curious if any other mothers out there experienced this, and if so, what did you do (if anything) to help your baby along. Sorry for this being TMI!!!
UPDATE: As of 8:15 tonight (right after I posted), our wait is over- thankfully! BUT, I'd still like some input if you have any.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Kind of TMI
Posted by Abby at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Calvin would often wait a week or so without a problem. Everything I read seemed to indicate that breastfed babies should be fine even with that long of an interval. He never seemed to be bothered and I figured things would take care of themselves and they did...no problems at all. Just some encouragement! -)
Hey Abby! Aaron was like this too - and I think the longest we went was 10 days. He was always happy, and I learned not to worry. I wrote about it here (just take out the spaces)
http://mjmuth.blogspot.com/2006/10/
bye-bye-luvshello-poopiness.html
Post a Comment