Ok - well, since Elijah is 3 weeks old, I suppose I should update on him! (happy now Sarah?!) Things are going well and Elijah is just wonderful! His jaundice is totally cleared up so for that we are truly thankful! He still has his nights and days a little mixed up (I'm convinced he's European because of that), but I think it's getting better. My mom came to visit last week, so it was great to have her here to help out and for her to meet one of her newest grandsons (my sister had her 4th baby on July 3rd - another boy!). I was SO sad to see my mom leave, but hopefully we'll get everything figured out to plan a trip up to New Hampshire at the end of August/beginning of September to see my family and friends.
Elijah is a piggie!! He eats pretty well during the day (every 2-3 hours) and then once night-time hits, he wants to eat non-stop! I am nursing right now, so that's difficult feeding him non-stop! I've been supplementing with some formula at night, but I'm really trying to keep him nursing for the most part. With God's grace, it will happen!!!
Sleep is pretty much non-existent at this point! I'll get a few hours here and there, but I can see the bags getting darker and darker! And poor Vince, can't do much during the night since I'm nursing. I wake him up to change Elijah's diapers in the middle of the night, but it's still hard seeing him sleep while I'm nursing for an hour! We'll get through this transition time, I know that much!
Vince is off this week and a few days next week and he goes back to work. It's been so wonderful having him off of work for 4 weeks to help me! It's been especially needed since I had the c-section. He's been so helpful and had really catered to me wonderfully! He's such a great husband and daddy!! Once Vince goes back to work, it's all me! Scary! I have "practice" times on Monday while Vince is at class and is gone for almost 5 hours. Tonight has been rough since Elijah has started the non-stop crying deal. This too shall pass!!
Well, I guess I should post some pictures! My blog has been lacking lately - gee, I wonder why! Hope everyone is doing well. Thank you all for your congratulations on Elijah. We are just thrilled to have this little miracle here and are so blessed with what God has given us!!
This is the picture we used for his birth announcements
Elijah loves his momma!
Elijah isn't too sure about this!
I love this picture of Elijah and his daddy!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Elijah Update!
Posted by Abby at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Abby, dear, thanks for the updates but you should be using your spare time to rest and recover! We all understand those first few harrowing weeks and how completely exhausting they are. I'll pray for God's grace to sustain you - believe me, it does get much better! Just hang in there girl and get your sleep!
Congrats again on your beautiful baby boy!
Thanks for the update. Hope things are still going ok.
We got your birth announcement in the mail! Very cute!!
Yes, thank you for the update even though you should be sleeping! It does get better and hopefully it is by now! I remember when the night and days were mixed up for my little guy and it was very frustrating, but again, this too shall pass! By the way, I think you look WONDERFUL in the picture where you are holding Elijah! He's such a cutie! Thank you for the pictures and I'll be looking forward to more when you have the time and energy to post them!
Hope all is well, and that you're getting a little bit of rest!! praying for you in this "fun" parenting time!! :-)
Post a Comment