Ethan turns one month old tomorrow - hard to believe! Time sure has gone fast. I wanted to give you all an update on Ethan. He is going to be having surgery tomorrow at Children's Hospital. We noticed about 2 weeks ago that his circumcision was looking a little off and wasn't looking like it should. We did everything that we were supposed to and followed the doctor's instructions to a "T" because of the complications we had with Eli and how he had to have surgery at 6 months old. We didn't want that to happen to Ethan! Well, Ethan is having complications, but much different than what Eli dealt with.
We saw our family doctor last week and he got us in to see one of the Urologist at Children's 2 days later (that in itself is amazing as it usually takes weeks to get in there!). We saw the urologist and he was great! He was very nice and knew exactly what needed to be done when he saw Ethan. Ethan's circumcision has "gone bad" so to speak. He is urinating "inside" a pocket that was kind of created during the adhesion of the circumcision. So, instead of urinating outside like normal, he goes inside first and then it makes its way out. Definitely not good. Normally, revisions are not done until the child is at least 6 months old, but because of the big risk of infection and the problems it could pose, he got us on the surgery schedule this week (tomorrow). It's definitely been a whirlwind of activity and planning, but through it all, God is good!
Eli will be staying with some family during the day tomorrow while Vince and I are at the hospital. Because of Ethan's young age, he'll be staying overnight for observation. I'll be staying with him overnight since I'm still breastfeeding and will be discharged in the morning on Saturday sometime.
His surgery is scheduled for 11:55 tomorrow. It should take about 30 minutes or so. I know he's in good hands, and we couldn't wish for anything more with being at the best Children's Hospital in the country. It's just still hard to hand your child over as they go under the anesthesia. We covet your prayers at this time and pray for a positive outcome for the surgery!
I'll keep you all updated after the surgery tomorrow.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Ethan Update - Surgery
Posted by Abby at 10:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm praying for all of you! I can't imagine having Noah or Sophia having to have surgery but my heart goes out to you and I will be praying all day!
Post a Comment