Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

We weren't going to put up a tree this year, for the sole reason that Eli is getting into EVERYTHING and we weren't sure we were ready for this! HA! I decided yesterday that I wanted to have a tree and that we could handle Eli getting into it (if he actually did). So, after Vince went to work, I put the tree up and decorated the house. We kind of compromised and didn't put ornaments on the tree. It has the angel tree topper, lights and ribbons. Everytime Eli sees it with the lights on, he says "Whoa/Wow!" It's so cute to see him having fun with the tree. Christmas just isn't Christmas without the tree!!


CHECKING OUT THE TREE



I SEE YOU!



OUR TREE

5 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I had the same thoughts as you about having a tree. Then my question was answered by the fact that ALL of our decorations are still in Wisconsin. Problem solved!!

Your tree looks great!

Ben and Carissa said...

Great compromise! We put ours up and Ben said, "you know we are going to have to fight with the kids for 2 1/2 weeks about not touching the tree"! And the battle had started - I was NOT thinking as smart as you. We hung CANDY CANES on our tree??? Why?? You have a GREAT mommy brain!!

Janelle said...

Your tree is beautiful, even without ornaments! The red wall behind it really adds to it! We found it was a good teaching tool, when our Aaron was at THAT age, to re-enforce the fact that he needs to listen AND obey Mommy and Daddy. He did learn by the time Christmas Day!

I wasn't going to put anything up either mainly because I was so busy with Megan's surgery and then we're leaving to go to WY for Christmas. While Megan and I were in the hospital, Ron and Aaron put up the tree and a few other decorations to surprise me when we got home. Boy was it a surprise too! I started crying, partially because of my sleep deprivation and because that was so incredibly sweet of him! Normally I am the biggest Christmas freak there is and start listening to Christmas music sometimes as early as October! Been very distracted this year, but in a good way! It's made me look to the Lord rather than anything or anyone else! Very different Christmas this year, but I'm sure it will still be special! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!

Unknown said...

The tree looks beautiful even without the ornaments! Glad you decided on a tree. Just doesn't seem like Christmas without a tree and magical twinkling lights. We put our tree up a few feet higher than the ground this year to prevent Clive from destroying it. He's into everything too and has already pulled off several "kid-friendly" ornaments and broken them. Oh well! I can't really expect him to stay away from such a lovely sparkling thing!

Kelli said...

Very pretty tree! You don't even miss the ornaments. Glad you were able to compromise; I am sure Elijah loves looking at the tree =)