Wednesday, January 16, 2008

On the upswing, kind of!

Well, Elijah's fever broke last night, which is good. I know that a fever of 102 isn't as bad for babies as it is for us, but it still had me worried! So, it's been reading in the 98's for about 12 hours, so that's definitely good. Although, he's SO congested and full of gunk, that he had a hard time sleeping last night, which means I had a hard time sleeping! He finally got to sleep around 1:30 or so, and then was back up at 4:00 and didn't go down until about 7:30. Now, I'm usually already at work by 7:30, so I knew that wasn't going to happen. So, I called my boss and left him a message and said I'd be in late due to hardly any sleep. I slept for 30 minutes from 7:30 to 8, and then got up and got to work at 9. AND, because I don't currently have any vacation time, I'm unable to go home early and get some rest. So, here's my boss' solution. Shut my door, shut my blinds in my office, and put up a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door, and in his words, "take it easy". Things have been hectic, crazy, non-stop at my office, but one thing will always be good - I love my boss! Sooo, after my 11-1 meeting, you better believe my door will be shut. Of course I will still be doing some work to get caught up and such, but I definitely will be "taking it easy".

In other news . . . . my mom is coming to visit the end of March! YAY! Vince and I decided to go to Gatlinburg for a much needed getaway in March, and we had the great idea of inviting my mom to go with us! She has never been, and we love going to Gatlinburg and getting a cabin in the woods and just relaxing and eating out and shopping, and seeing the Great Smoky Mountains and such. It's been a few years since we have been since other things have come along (Elijah!!). So, I'm excited to have Elijah go on his first of many trips to Gatlinburg, as well as having my mom come! AND, we get to take our dog too since we got a pet friendly cabin! Triple Yay! Here's some pictures of our cabin we'll be staying in!























5 comments:

Shannon Smith said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better!
Your get-away cabin looks wonderful! I'm sure you guys will have a great time!!

Janelle said...

So good to hear Elijah is feeling better! Those fevers are scary no matter how high or low they get! Hopefully his congestion will get better too. Have you tried a humidifier? That may help.

Your trip sounds scrumptious!!!! Can I come too! Sure wish I could! I'll be having a baby sometime during that time frame so don't figure it will work out. I know you guys are going to have a wonderful time and that will be so much fun having your Mom there too!!! I'm just a little jeoulous! =)

Unknown said...

That cabin looks incredible! Can I come along? :) That jacuzzi is making me extremely jealous.

Bummer about Elijah's illness. Good news that his fever broke and he's starting to get better. I hear you about fevers. I know they aren't a big deal these days but it's so difficult to see your kiddo going through the pain of fighting an infection.

Hope you get a better rest tonight!

the johnson crew said...

OH WOW! what an amazing cabin. sounds like the most wonderful vacation. (how far of a drive is that for you?) sounds dreamy.

i am sorry that elijah has been so sick. i am glad his fever is down, and i hope that his congestion gets better. poor little fella.

thanks for your advise on my blog. i will definitely look up that video. that was an encouragement to me. so thank!

Loraena Tuttle said...

that place looks gorgeous!