Tuesday, June 19, 2007

10 Years Later

I just completed my FINAL course for my degree!!! The only thing left is the final for the semester courses (50 questions) and then I am officially a college graduate! It has been a looooong journey that started back in 1996. I am happy to say that this will all be finally behind me! I wanted to get everything done prior to Elijah's birth, and I did. The final I was planning on taking after Elijah was born, so that's still the plan. I can take that test at anytime. I am just so proud of myself that I am finally done with this chapter of my life. I wanted to have my degree before Elijah was born, so that his momma was a college graduate.

So, it took 10 years to get to this point, but I made it, and I feel great (besides the whole 9 months pregnant thing!)

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Abby,
you deserve to feel proud. Congratulations!! Your son will have a very smart momma.

Janelle said...

Congratulations!!! What an accomplishment!!!!! You should be VERY proud of yourself! I admire your tenacity (I love that word) for sticking to it, AND being a wife, AND working, AND being pregnant too!!! You are going to be so thankful that you finished before Elijah got here too! You go girl!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you girl! Most folks wouldn't have stuck it out so long! I know SO MANY gals who never completed their college degree because they got married. Good for you! What's your degree in?

Abby said...

Thanks gals! I'm really happy that I got it all done! My degree will be in Health Care Management. It's been hard getting it done with working full-time, being a wife, being overly active in my church and everything else along with that! It's only by God's grace that I got it done! YAY! I even get a class ring - ha! That's a funny part about it!

pamela s said...

Congratulations! Great job! I'm sure you'll be glad when that last final is complete. :)